Girl Scouts warmly welcomes all girls ages 5-17 regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, physical ability or socioeconomic status. Basically, if you’re a girl, we’d love to welcome you as one of us!
Many girls join a local troop or group for fun and friendship, and others attend special events or travel the world. Yet, at every grade level, research has shown that Girl Scouts:
- achieve higher grades
- have twice as many leadership opportunities
- are more likely to make sound moral decisions
- are less likely to have sexual relations as a teen
- are less likely to use drugs and alcohol
- have stronger relationships with their parents